Tuesday 20 January 2015

Living on the edge

A group of us had all decided to go out for dinner and were just chilling in our next door neighbour's front room when Josh stumbles in wearing absolutely nothing other than a pair of very ill-fitting shorts. He sat down to chat to us for a while and decided he was going to join us for dinner. When he stood up to go and get ready though he was holding his shorts up with both hands and kind of shuffling out of the room. 

"Erm your shorts look kinda big for you man." Josh R (the other Josh) pointed out. Fearing I was going to be exposed to parts of his anatomy best left to the imagination I added, "Yeah Josh maybe you need a belt with those shorts... They're falling down!"
Josh then replies, "Oh yeah it's because I found 
them."
"What do you mean you found them?!"
"Yeah I found them at the place where I used to live so I was like hell yeah, free clothes!"
I should probably note that there is most likely a middle class fifty year old male out there somewhere still wondering where his favourite pair of golf shorts have gone.
"I think you should probably go shower and change Josh, we will wait for you." I encouraged. Thank goodness he went and did just that.

We went to Camana Bay for ice cream after our meal and sat outside to eat it on some cool outdoor seating which, according to Josh, were "desert biscuits from space." 


After an awesome night of sushi, Haagen Daaz and a lot of laughter (not all at Josh's expense) we headed back to the car but as Josh R got his keys out to unlock it he managed to drop them straight down a drain on the road. I didn't know what to say, especially when he removed the drain cover to retrieve them and there were frogs and all kinds of fermenting foliage down there. However, seemingly unperturbed by this truly uninviting situation, Josh R hopped straight down into the drain and started rummaging around in substances too disturbing to describe.



Josh and Anastasia, who had been following behind us at a slower pace, then arrived on the scene to the sight of only Josh R’s head poking out of the ground and the rest of his body experiencing the inside of the Cayman underground drainage system.
 Josh mooches on over and asks: “Hey man, does it smell like my laundry down there?”
At this point I couldn’t contain myself and was actually laughing so hard I couldn’t breathe. Anastasia then asked the question that any other rational human would have done, “Josh why are you down the drain?!” Apparently whether the scent of the filthy drain resembled his dead rat fragranced laundry was a far more pressing line of enquiry for Josh though.

After a gruelling but heroic effort by Josh R the key retrieval was a success, so to celebrate we drove round the big roundabout five times, got stopped by the Police in a random check and came home where I fed a horizontal Josh popcorn, much like you would your dog. An excellent evening all round.



No comments:

Post a Comment